# How to Download and Install RSLogix 500 for Windows 7 64-bit – A Step by Step Guide
RSLogix 500 is a software that allows you to program and test the Allen-Bradley SLC™ 500 and MicroLogix™ families of processors. RSLogix 500 is compatible with Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 7 64-bit. However, you may not be able to find a direct download link for RSLogix 500 on the official website of Rockwell Software, the developer of the software. This is because RSLogix 500 is an older version of the software that has been replaced by RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000 Logix Designer.
But don’t worry, you can still download and install RSLogix 500 for Windows 7 64-bit by following these steps:
## Step 1: Go to FreeDownloadManager website
FreeDownloadManager is a website that offers free downloads of various software, including RSLogix 500. To go to this website, click on this link: [FreeDownloadManager](https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/RSLogix-500.html)
## Step 2: Search for RSLogix 500
On the FreeDownloadManager website, you will see a search bar on the top right corner. Type “RSLogix 500” in the search bar and hit enter. You will see a list of results that match your query.
## Step 3: Select RSLogix 500
From the list of results, look for the one that has the title “RSLogix 500 (free version) download for PC”. This is the software that you want to download. Click on the title to open the software page.
## Step 4: Download RSLogix 500
On the software page, you will see a button that says “Download now from developer’s website”. Click on this button to start downloading RSLogix 500. You will see a progress bar that shows how much of the software has been downloaded.
## Step 5: Install RSLogix 500
Once the download is complete, you will see a confirmation message that says “Download complete”. You can also check your downloads folder or your desktop to find the downloaded file. The file name should be something like “RSLogix_500_English_9_00_00.exe”.
To install RSLogix 500, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen. You may need to accept the end user license agreement and choose a destination folder for the software. The installation process may take some time, depending on your system configuration.
## Step 6: Run RSLogix 500
After the installation is complete, you can run RSLogix 500 by clicking on its icon on your desktop or your start menu. You will see a splash screen that shows the logo and version of the software. Then, you will see the main window of RSLogix 500, where you can create, open, edit, and test your programs.
Congratulations! You have successfully downloaded and installed RSLogix 500 for Windows 7 64-bit. You can now use this software to program and test your SLC™ 500 and MicroLogix™ processors.
## What is RSLogix 500?
RSLogix 500 is a software that allows you to program and test the Allen-Bradley SLC™ 500 and MicroLogix™ families of processors. These processors are programmable logic controllers (PLCs) that are used to control various industrial machines and processes. RSLogix 500 is based on the IEC-1131-compliant ladder logic programming language, which is a graphical and easy-to-use way of creating and editing programs.
RSLogix 500 has many features and functions that help you maximize performance, save project development time, and improve productivity. Some of these features and functions are:
– Project organization: You can organize your programs into projects that contain multiple files, such as ladder files, data files, function files, etc. You can also import and export projects to share them with others or to backup your work.
– Online editing: You can edit your programs while they are running on the processor, without stopping or interrupting the operation. You can also monitor and modify the values of the data elements in your programs, such as timers, counters, registers, etc.
– Offline simulation: You can test your programs without connecting to a processor, by using the offline simulation mode. This mode allows you to simulate the inputs and outputs of your processor and see how your program reacts to them.
– Diagnostics and troubleshooting: You can use various tools and features to diagnose and troubleshoot your programs and processors. For example, you can use the search and replace function, the cross-reference function, the force function, the error checking function, etc.
– Documentation and reporting: You can document and report your programs and projects by using various features, such as comments, symbols, descriptions, printouts, etc.
## How to Use RSLogix 500 on Windows 7 64-bit?
To use RSLogix 500 on Windows 7 64-bit, you need to have some basic knowledge and skills about PLC programming and ladder logic. You also need to have a compatible processor and a communication cable or adapter to connect your computer to the processor.
To use RSLogix 500 on Windows 7 64-bit, you need to follow these steps:
1. Connect your computer to the processor using a communication cable or adapter. Make sure that both devices are powered on and that the communication settings are correct.
2. Run RSLogix 500 by clicking on its icon on your desktop or your start menu. You will see the main window of RSLogix 500.
3. Create a new project or open an existing project by using the file menu or the toolbar buttons. You will see the project window that shows the files and folders of your project.
4. Create or edit your program by using the ladder editor window. You can use various tools and features to create or edit your ladder logic instructions, such as the instruction palette, the toolbar buttons, the keyboard shortcuts, etc.
5. Save your program by using the file menu or the toolbar buttons. You can also save your program as a different name or format by using the save as function.
6. Download your program to the processor by using the communication menu or the toolbar buttons. You will see a download window that shows the progress and status of the download process.
7. Test your program by using the online mode or the offline simulation mode. You can use various tools and features to test your program, such as the run mode, the test mode, the monitor mode, etc.
These are some basic steps to use RSLogix 500 on Windows 7 64-bit. For more details and information about RSLogix 500, you can refer to the user manual or the help system of the software.
RSLogix 500 is a software that allows you to program and test the Allen-Bradley SLC™ 500 and MicroLogix™ families of processors. RSLogix 500 is compatible with Windows 7 64-bit operating system, but you may not be able to find a direct download link for it on the official website of Rockwell Software. However, you can still download and install RSLogix 500 for Windows 7 64-bit by using the FreeDownloadManager website, which offers free downloads of various software.
To download and install RSLogix 500 for Windows 7 64-bit, you need to go to the FreeDownloadManager website, search for RSLogix 500, select it from the results, download it from the developer’s website, and install it on your computer. After that, you can run RSLogix 500 and create, edit, and test your programs for your SLC™ 500 and MicroLogix™ processors.
RSLogix 500 has many features and functions that help you maximize performance, save project development time, and improve productivity. You can use RSLogix 500 to program and test your processors using the ladder logic programming language, which is a graphical and easy-to-use way of creating and editing programs. You can also use RSLogix 500 to organize your programs into projects, edit your programs online or offline, simulate your programs without connecting to a processor, diagnose and troubleshoot your programs and processors, document and report your programs and projects, and more.
We hope this article helped you learn how to download and install RSLogix 500 for Windows 7 64-bit. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments below.