Euro Truck Simulator 2: A Guide for Beginners
If you have ever dreamed of driving a truck across Europe, delivering cargo to different destinations, and running your own transportation business, then Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the game for you. This game is a realistic truck driving simulation that lets you experience the life of a trucker in a vast and detailed world. In this article, we will give you an overview of what this game is about, how to start playing it, and some tips and tricks to make your journey more enjoyable.
What is Euro Truck Simulator 2?
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a game developed by SCS Software, a Czech studio that specializes in vehicle simulation games. It was released in 2012 as a sequel to the original Euro Truck Simulator from 2008. The game has been praised by critics and players alike for its realistic graphics, physics, and gameplay, as well as its extensive modding community and support.
Features of the game
Some of the main features of Euro Truck Simulator 2 are:
- Transport a vast variety of cargo across more than 60 European cities, from the UK to Poland, from Spain to Finland.
- Run your own business which continues to grow even as you complete your freight deliveries. Hire drivers, buy garages, manage your company for maximum profits.
- Choose from various licensed trucks by MAN, Scania, Iveco, Renault, DAF, and others. Customize your truck with countless options, from performance to cosmetic changes.
- Travel through realistic road networks with dynamic weather, day and night cycles, traffic rules and signs, tolls and weigh stations.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery and landmarks of Europe, from the Alps to the Baltic Sea, from the Eiffel Tower to the Brandenburg Gate.
To play Euro Truck Simulator 2 on your PC, you will need the following minimum system requirements:
- Operating system: Windows 7 or newer
- Processor: Dual core CPU 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTS 450-class (Intel HD 4000) or better
- Storage: 12 GB available space
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
The recommended system requirements are:
- Operating system: Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit
- Processor: Quad core CPU 3.0 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 760-class (2 GB) or better
- Storage: 12 GB available space
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
How to start playing Euro Truck Simulator 2?
If you are new to Euro Truck Simulator 2, you might be wondering how to get started with the game. Here are some steps to help you begin your trucking career:
Choosing a profile and a truck
The first thing you need to do is create a profile for yourself. You can choose your name, gender, picture, preferred truck design, company logo, and company name. You can also select your starting city from one of the available countries in the game. You can change these settings later if you want.
Next, you need to choose your first truck. You can either buy a truck with your own money, or take a loan from the bank. You can also rent a truck from a dealer, but you will have to pay a fee for each job. You can browse different models and brands of trucks, and compare their prices, performance, and features. You can also customize your truck with various accessories, such as paint jobs, lights, horns, wheels, and more. You can upgrade your truck later as you earn more money and unlock new options.
Taking and completing jobs
Once you have your truck, you can start looking for jobs. You can find jobs in two ways: by using the job market or the freight market. The job market offers you quick jobs that are already assigned to you by a company. You just need to pick up the cargo from the specified location and deliver it to the destination within the time limit. The freight market allows you to choose your own cargo and destination from a list of available offers. You can also negotiate the price and the deadline for each job.
To take a job, you need to drive to the loading area and attach the trailer to your truck. Then, you need to follow the GPS navigation and the road signs to reach your destination. Along the way, you will encounter various challenges, such as traffic, weather, tolls, weigh stations, speed limits, and more. You will also need to manage your fuel, fatigue, and damage levels. You can refuel at gas stations, rest at hotels or rest areas, and repair your truck at service stations.
When you arrive at the delivery area, you need to detach the trailer and park it in the designated spot. You can choose between three difficulty levels for parking: easy, medium, or hard. The harder the parking, the more experience points you will earn. After completing a job, you will receive money and experience points based on your performance. You will also get feedback on your driving skills, such as fuel efficiency, speed violations, damage penalties, and more.
Managing your company and drivers
As you progress in the game, you will be able to expand your business and hire other drivers to work for you. You can buy more trucks and garages in different cities, and assign them to your drivers. You can also upgrade your garages to accommodate more trucks and drivers.
You can find drivers in the driver market or in recruitment agencies. Each driver has different skills and ratings that affect their performance and salary. You can train your drivers to improve their skills in various areas, such as long distance deliveries, fragile cargo handling, eco driving, etc. You can also monitor your drivers’ progress and earnings through the company manager menu.
Your drivers will automatically take jobs from the freight market and deliver them for you. You will receive a percentage of their income as profit. However, you will also have to pay for their expenses, such as fuel, repairs, tolls, etc. You can adjust the budget for each driver according to their needs and preferences.
Customizing your truck and garage
One of the fun aspects of Euro Truck Simulator 2 is customizing your truck and garage according to your taste and style. You can buy various accessories and upgrades for your truck from dealers or online shops. Some of the things you can change are:
- Engine: increase your power and torque
- Transmission: improve your gear shifting and fuel efficiency
- Chassis: modify your wheelbase and suspension
- Cabin: choose from different sizes and shapes
- Interior: decorate your dashboard with items like GPS devices, bobbleheads, curtains, etc.
- Exterior: change your paint job, add stickers, badges, flags, etc.
- Lights: install different types of headlights, taillights, fog lights, etc.
- Horns: choose from various sounds and melodies
- Wheels: select from different rims and tires
- Mirrors: adjust your visibility and angle
You can also customize your garage with different colors and designs. You can also add posters, signs, flags, and other decorations to your garage. You can also see your trucks and drivers parked in your garage.
Tips and tricks for Euro Truck Simulator 2
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a game that requires skill, patience, and strategy. To help you become a better trucker, here are some tips and tricks that you can use:
Follow the traffic rules and signs
One of the most important things to remember in Euro Truck Simulator 2 is to follow the traffic rules and signs. This will not only prevent you from getting fined, but also from causing accidents and damaging your truck and cargo. Some of the traffic rules and signs that you should pay attention to are:
- Speed limits: different roads have different speed limits, depending on the country and the type of road. You can see the speed limit on your dashboard or on the road signs. You should also adjust your speed according to the weather and traffic conditions.
- Traffic lights: you should stop at red lights and go at green lights. You should also be careful of yellow lights, as they indicate that the light is about to change. You can also use your turn signals to indicate your intention to turn or change lanes.
- Road signs: you should follow the road signs that tell you the direction, distance, and destination of your route. You should also obey the signs that warn you of hazards, restrictions, or regulations, such as curves, crossings, tolls, weight limits, etc.
- Lane discipline: you should stay in your lane and avoid changing lanes unnecessarily. You should also keep a safe distance from other vehicles and avoid overtaking or cutting off other drivers. You should also use the right lane for slower vehicles and the left lane for faster vehicles.
Be careful with skill point allocation
Another important aspect of Euro Truck Simulator 2 is skill point allocation. Skill points are earned by leveling up in the game, and they can be used to improve your skills in various areas. Some of the skills that you can invest in are:
- Long distance: this skill allows you to take longer jobs that pay more money and offer more variety. You can unlock new countries and regions as you level up this skill.
- High value cargo: this skill allows you to take jobs that involve transporting expensive or fragile cargo that require more care and attention. You can earn more money and reputation as you level up this skill.
- Fragile cargo: this skill allows you to take jobs that involve transporting delicate or sensitive cargo that are prone to damage. You can earn more money and reputation as you level up this skill, but you also have to be more careful with your driving.
- Just-in-time delivery: this skill allows you to take jobs that have tight deadlines and require fast delivery. You can earn more money and reputation as you level up this skill, but you also have to deal with more pressure and stress.
- Eco driving: this skill allows you to save fuel and reduce your environmental impact by driving more efficiently. You can save money and earn more reputation as you level up this skill.
You should be careful with how you allocate your skill points, as they can affect your gameplay and strategy. You should choose the skills that suit your style and preference, and balance them according to your needs and goals.
Avoid unnecessary loans and fines
One of the challenges of Euro Truck Simulator 2 is managing your finances. You will need money to buy trucks, garages, upgrades, fuel, repairs, etc. You will also have to pay for loans, taxes, insurance, etc. To avoid running out of money or getting into debt, you should avoid unnecessary loans and fines.
Loans are useful when you need a large amount of money quickly, such as when buying a new truck or garage. However, loans also have interest rates that increase over time, and they have to be paid back in installments. If you fail to pay back your loan on time, you will incur penalties and damage your credit rating. Therefore, you should only take loans when you really need them, and pay them back as soon as possible.
Fines are penalties that are imposed on you for breaking the traffic rules or causing accidents. Fines can range from a few hundred to several thousand euros, depending on the severity of the offense. Fines not only reduce your income, but also lower your reputation and affect your relationship with customers. Therefore, you should avoid fines by following the traffic rules and signs, driving carefully and safely, and respecting other drivers and pedestrians.
Use shortcuts and GPS navigation
One of the ways to make your driving easier and faster is to use shortcuts and GPS navigation. Shortcuts are keys or buttons that allow you to perform certain actions or access certain menus quickly, without having to pause the game or use the mouse. Some of the useful shortcuts that you can use are:
- F1: show/hide the route advisor, which displays information such as your speed, fuel, damage, cargo, job, etc.
- F2: show/hide the mirrors, which help you see behind and beside your truck.
- F3: show/hide the dashboard, which shows your gauges, indicators, and controls.
- F5: show/hide the map, which shows your location, destination, and route.
- F6: show/hide the job information, which shows your cargo, deadline, income, etc.
- F7: call for assistance, which allows you to tow your truck to the nearest service station or cancel the current job.
- F10: take a screenshot, which saves an image of your game screen to your computer.
GPS navigation is a feature that helps you find your way to your destination. You can see the GPS on your dashboard or on the route advisor. The GPS shows you the distance and time remaining to your destination, as well as the direction and turns that you need to take. You can also hear voice instructions that guide you along the way. You can adjust the volume and language of the GPS in the options menu.
Adjust the speed limiter and cruise control
Another way to make your driving more comfortable and efficient is to adjust the speed limiter and cruise control. The speed limiter is a feature that prevents your truck from exceeding a certain speed limit, depending on the country and the type of road. The speed limiter can help you avoid speeding fines and save fuel, but it can also slow you down and make you miss deadlines. You can turn on or off the speed limiter in the options menu or by pressing C on your keyboard.
Cruise control is a feature that allows you to maintain a constant speed without having to press the accelerator pedal. Cruise control can help you relax your foot and save fuel, but it can also make you lose control and cause accidents if you are not careful. You can activate or deactivate cruise control by pressing R on your keyboard. You can also increase or decrease your cruise speed by pressing + or – on your keyboard.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a game that offers you a realistic and immersive truck driving experience. You can explore Europe, transport cargo, run your own business, customize your truck and garage, and more. You can also enjoy the game with various mods, DLCs, multiplayer modes, and community events. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a game that will keep you entertained for hours and hours.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Euro Truck Simulator 2:
- Q: How do I download Euro Truck Simulator 2 in Czech language?
- A: You can download Euro Truck Simulator 2 from Steam or from the official website of SCS Software. You can choose Czech as your preferred language in the game settings or in Steam properties.
- Q: How do I update Euro Truck Simulator 2 to the latest version?
- A: If you have Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam, it will update automatically when there is a new version available. If you have Euro Truck Simulator 2 from another source, you will have to download and install the latest patch from the official website of SCS Software.
- Q: How do I install mods for Euro Truck Simulator 2?
- A: You can find various mods for Euro Truck Simulator 2 on websites like ETS2 Mods or Steam Workshop. To install mods, you need to download them and place them in your Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod folder. Then, you need to activate them in the mod manager menu in the game.
- Q: How do I play Euro Truck Simulator 2 online with other players?
- A: You can play Euro Truck Simulator 2 online with other players by using a mod called TruckersMP. This mod allows you to join servers with thousands of other players and chat with them via text or voice. You can download TruckersMP from their official website and follow their instructions on how to install and use it.
- Q: How do I get more money and experience points in Euro Truck Simulator 2?
- A: You can get more money and experience points in Euro Truck Simulator 2 by completing jobs, leveling up your skills, and managing your company. You can also use cheats or trainers to get unlimited money and experience points, but this might ruin the fun and challenge of the game. You can find cheats or trainers on websites like Cheat Happens or MrAntiFun.
I hope this article has helped you learn more about Euro Truck Simulator 2 and how to play it. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy trucking!